Urban Planning Associate, Metro Vancouver Lead
B&A is one of Canada’s leading planning, design, and engagement firms. We have a thirty-five year track record of success helping our clients manage every step of the planning process from project conceptualization through to approval. We work with an increasingly diverse range of public and private sector clients, including landowners, developers, governments, and leading companies in the aggregate and energy industries.
About the Role
As the Urban Planning Associate and Metro Vancouver Lead, you will have the unique opportunity to build and expand B&A’s presence in the region. B&A is presently leading numerous high-profile, multi-year projects ranging from large-scale transformational TOD master plans to unique mixed-use infill developments. As an Urban Planning Associate, your passion for collaborative, innovative and best-practice planning approaches and solutions will help drive successful project outcomes. As the Metro Vancouver Lead, you will foster and nurture existing and new client relationships, support the advancement of B&A’s presence in the region and build the B&A team in collaboration with senior leadership.
Professional Skills and Attributes
Leadership & Coaching
- Provide leadership to all project teams to ensure alignment and effective, collaborative working relationships with clients, regulating bodies and project stakeholders;
- Manage and coach team members to ensure your teams are high performing, embody the B&A culture, and that team members have fulfillment in everything they do;
- Provide regular updates and reports to B&A’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on team, project, and office performance;
- Support ELT in attracting and onboarding new talent to advance and support continued
growth in the Metro Vancouver region;
Urban and Regional Planning
- Working closely with ELT, take a leadership role on interdisciplinary project teams to drive innovation and best practice planning, design, and engagement outcomes;
- Identify and assemble customized project teams with B&A team members and preferred partners designed to meet the clients’ and projects’ needs;
- Manage projects at all scales including budget preparation / monitoring, contract management, project monitoring, task delegation, quality control and assurance;
- Effectively communicate with clients, stakeholders, project team members, public employees, and councils on all matters pertaining to your projects both orally and in writing;
- Manage new and existing client relationships;
- Make high-impact and persuasive presentations to clients, stakeholders, and councils.
- Ensure all projects are executed with a high degree of quality and skill;
- Foster and nurture relationships with new and existing clients, members of the industry, and professional associations;
- Actively participate in industry associations and events, including speaking at conferences and publishing thought pieces in professional journals;
- Lead the preparation of high-quality proposals in response to Request for Proposals including assembling customized teams, preparing detailed project budgets, and coordinating, writing, and finalizing proposal submissions;
- Represent the B&A Brand at all times ensuring a high degree of excellence and professionalism;
- Seek out new business opportunities across all client sectors and create and maintain ongoing relationships to drive business growth;
- Support the Business Development and Marketing Team on all matters pertaining to business development, marketing, and business growth.
- 8+ years of relevant experience;
- Private sector experience in land development planning is considered an asset;
- Completion of bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, or related discipline;
- RPP (Registered Professional Planner) designation and membership with CIP (Canadian Institute of Planners) and PIBC (Planning Institute of British Columbia) or similar professional designation is a benefit;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applying planning policy and regulations in Metro Vancouver ;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex, fast-paced and dynamic work environment;
- Ability to work in MS Office products and Adobe InDesign;
- Travel throughout the region and to all other B&A offices;
- All B&A team members are required to follow current government regulations and are required to work both in the office and remotely when requested;
- Travel may be required and must be eligible for travel according to current government regulations including valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Comprehensive total rewards compensation and incentive package
- Flexible and adaptive working environment
- Benefits plan with Health Spending Account
- Professional development support and opportunities
At B&A our core values are centered on relationships, integrity, collaboration, and diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, our success comes from an environment where collaboration, diversity and inclusion drive innovative and successful outcomes. We believe that by staying true to our values, our place can be anyone’s place.
Are you ready to lead? Apply Today.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For confidential inquiries regarding this opportunity, please contact:
Nathan Petherick, Partner at 587.216.7505 | email@example.com
Brian Murray, Partner at 780.938.3837 | firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY JUNE 20th, 2022