Junior GIS Analyst – Calgary, Edmonton, or Remote (1-year contract)
Join Western Canada’s leading land use planning, design, and engagement firm. We have a thirty-year track record of success, working on over 2,200 projects with more than 200 clients across North America. We provide professional consulting services to a diverse range of public and private sector clients, including individual landowners, developers, municipalities, and leading companies in the aggregate and energy industries.
About the Role
Are you passionate about planning? Are you experienced and interested in the energy sector?
As a Junior GIS Analyst, you will play an important role at B&A, advancing the continued development of our GIS and working closely with our team to create and manage a wide range of GIS applications. These applications support B&A’s planning work, helping users and clients more effectively visualize and position their projects. As a Junior GIS Analyst, you will guide the integration of GIS into a diverse range of projects and advance the role of GIS to support internal business needs, project diversification, and business development endeavours.
- Support records intake, spatial referencing, data entry, and map generation processes and procedures.
- Develop high-quality project mapping for use in project reports and web mapping applications.
- Participate in project strategy formation and the implementation of GIS solutions to support project needs.
- Assist in advancing web mapping capabilities.
- Support GIS integration and synergies within the technical services area.
- Collaborate on the review, assessment, and ongoing growth of B&A’s internal GIS and procedures.
We are seeking a dynamic and results-orientated professional who can execute a wide range of GIS services to meet project needs and requirements. You thrive in fast-paced environments where effective multi-tasking and prioritization are crucial to meeting tight deadlines and competing demands. Your strong interpersonal skills allow you to work seamlessly with internal project teams and clients.
- Degree and/or diploma in GIS or geography with a minimum of zero (0) to two (2) years of progressive GIS experience within a professional organization.
- Desire to develop and implement best-practice GIS services for a broad range of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; able to effectively plan and organize while balancing multiple priorities in a team-oriented environment.
- Proven interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to maintain professional working relationships and present ideas in a business-friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of GIS, data acquisition, research and architecture, and spatial analysis applications.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS ESRI Suite of Tools, ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, and the Spatial and Network Analyst extensions.
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office 365 Suite and Microsoft SharePoint is required.
- Knowledge of Power Automate, Sequel Server, Adobe Suite, Python, Java, HTML, and other programming skills are considered assets to this position.
- Proven ability to produce high-quality, visually aesthetic maps focusing on essential cartographic principles and consistent with brand standards is required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to client service.
- A competitive financial compensation package.
- Benefits plan with Health and Wellness Spending accounts.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working environment.
Are you ready to grow your career? Apply Today
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2022