Junior GIS Analyst – Calgary, AB
Join Western Canada’s leading and fastest growing professional community and land development planning firm. We have a twenty-eight-year track record in helping our clients manage every step of the planning process from project conceptualization through to project approval. We work with a broad range of clients including landowners, developers, governments and energy and natural resource companies.
About the Role
Are you passionate about strategic thinking and analysis to support compelling, award-winning projects?
You will play an important role at B&A, advancing the continued development of our GIS and working closely with our team to effectively assess and visualize a wide range of GIS applications to support development proposals and projects. As a junior GIS analyst, you will guide the integration of GIS into a diverse range of planning and developments projects and advance the role of GIS to support internal business needs, project diversification, and business development endeavours.
- Collaborate on the review, assessment and ongoing growth of B&A’s internal GIS and procedures
- Participate in project strategy formation, and coordinate the design and implementation of GIS to meet identified needs
- Work closely with the technical services team to examine GIS integration and synergies within technical services area
- Provide advanced mapping techniques and apply cartographic skills to produce superior mapping products
- Assist in the introduction of web mapping capabilities and advanced database management procedures
- Maintain and undertake upgrades to ESRI products as needed to maintain the GIS system and meet project needs
- Assist in the introduction and maintenance of GIS Standards
We are seeking a dynamic and results-orientated professional who can execute a wide range of GIS services to meet project needs and requirements. You thrive in fast-paced environments where effective multi-tasking and prioritization is crucial to meeting tight deadlines and competing demands. Your strong interpersonal skills allow you to work seamlessly with internal project teams and clients.
- Degree and/or diploma in GIS or geography with a minimum of zero (0) to two (2) years of progressive GIS experience within a professional organization.
- The desire to develop and implement best-practice GIS services for a broad range of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; able to effectively plan and organize while balancing multiple priorities in a team oriented environment.
- Proven interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to maintain professional working relationships and present ideas in a business-friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of GIS, data acquisition, research and architecture, and spatial analysis applications
- Knowledge of ArcGIS ESRI Suite of Tools, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS extensions including City Engine, ArcCatalog and Microsoft Suite of tools is required.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Access, AutoCad, Google Sketch Up or 3D visualization, City Engine, Adobe products, and programming skills are considered an asset to this position.
- Proven ability to produce high quality, visually aesthetic maps focusing on essential cartographic principles and consistent with brand standards is required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to client service
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- A Competitive Financial Compensation Package
- Health & Dental Benefits Program
- Professional Development Program
- Downtown Calgary office location close to the LRT line (2 blocks away) and bus routes
Are you ready to grow your career? Apply Today
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio via email before Friday – January 11, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org