Graphic Designer – Calgary or Edmonton, AB
Join one of Western Canada’s leading planning, design, and engagement firms. Our team is passionate about shaping healthy futures by collaborating with landowners, developers, municipalities, and operators to plan and design amazing places and spaces. We are proud to have a successful thirty-two-year track record of providing consulting services on over 2,500 projects for more than 250 clients across North America. B&A is an exciting opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects from new master-planned communities to major redevelopment of urban centres.
About the Role
Are you a digital design and layout guru with pixels in your DNA?
As a Graphic Designer with B&A, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, from visual identity creation to website development. You will play an active role in supporting our multi-faceted projects, as well as progressing our firm’s own brand and marketing campaigns. You will use your skill set to articulate, communicate, and visualize our wide variety of projects, in order to help achieve project goals.
- Support B&A service areas in delivering high-quality, innovative creative solutions for our clients, including the design of compelling visual identities, planning applications, reports, and websites.
- Work closely with B&A’s Communications & Engagement team to deliver a diverse range of campaigns to support the approval of our projects, including digital and print creative for public engagement.
- Support B&A service area leads in delivering high-quality creative solutions for our clients including the design and print layout of superb and visually compelling land use planning applications and reports.
- Develop and execute a range of graphic design and creative services to support B&A’s business development and B2B marketing initiatives including creative development for marketing tool kits and advertising.
- Enhance the growth, development, and reputation of B&A and the creative services team, through successful project delivery and a strong commitment to our clients and their stakeholders.
We are seeking a dynamic and results-orientated professional with a strong track record in developing and executing a wide range of graphic design services. You are a creative type that also focuses on the details. You have an exceptional ability to align your creative with business objectives and proactively identify and address issues that could impact success. You thrive in fast-paced environments where effective multi-tasking and prioritization is crucial to meeting tight deadlines and competing demands. Your strong interpersonal skills allow you to work seamlessly with internal project teams and clients.
- Degree and/or diploma in Graphic Design with at least two years of experience in a graphic design/creative/web development role within an organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing best-practice creative for a broad range of audiences.
- Excellent document/print layout skills – this is a large portion of the role. Being an InDesign guru is a must! Adobe Creative Suite is your happy place. InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop fill your heart with joy.
- Proficient with website design, implementation, and management – primarily WordPress.
- Experience in developing a wide range of creative deliverables including online and print advertisements, direct marketing materials (email blasts, mail-drop, etc.), and out-of-home including posters, signage, etc.
- Experience in taking technical and/or complex documents and transforming them into visually compelling and easy-to-read materials for both print and web.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team member (digitally and in-person), manage multiple projects, competing priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must, combined with a commitment to client service.
- The following skill set areas would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of land development planning process
- SketchUp and AutoCAD
- Photography and videography
- Social media brand management
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible working environment
- Health & Dental benefits plan
- Professional Development opportunities
Are you ready to grow your career? Apply Today
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2021