GIS Analyst (12 Month Contract)
B&A is one of Canada’s leading planning, design, and engagement firms. We have a thirty-five year track record of success helping our clients manage every step of the planning process from project conceptualization through to approval. We work with an increasingly diverse range of public and private sector clients, including landowners, developers, governments, and leading companies in the aggregate and energy industries.
About the Role
Are you passionate about planning? Do you thrive on innovation and collaboration ?
As a GIS Analyst, you will play an important role at B&A, advancing the continued development of our GIS and working closely with our team to create and manage a wide range of GIS applications. These applications support B&A’s planning work, helping users and clients more effectively visualize and position their project. As a GIS Analyst, you will guide the integration of GIS into a diverse range of projects and advance the role of GIS to support internal business needs, project diversification, and business development endeavours. The key accountabilities include:
- Develop high quality project mapping for use in project reports and web mapping applications.
- Complete spatial analysis tasks to support project deliverables.
- Support records intake, spatial referencing, data entry and map generation processes and procedures.
- Participate in project strategy formation and the implementation of GIS solutions to support project needs.
- Assist in advancing web mapping capabilities.
- Support GIS integration and synergies within technical services area.
- Collaborate on the review, assessment and ongoing growth of B&A’s internal GIS and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills
We are seeking a dynamic and results-orientated professional who can execute a wide range of GIS services to meet project needs and requirements. You thrive in fast-paced environments where collaboration, effective multi-tasking and prioritization is crucial to meeting tight deadlines and competing demands. Your strong interpersonal skills allow you to work seamlessly with internal project teams and clients.
- Degree and/or diploma in GIS or geography with a minimum of 1-5 years of progressive GIS experience within a professional organization.
- Desire to develop and implement best-practice GIS services for a broad range of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; able to effectively plan and organize while balancing multiple priorities in a team oriented environment.
- Proven interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to maintain professional working relationships and present ideas in a business-friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of GIS, data acquisition, research and architecture.
- Experience with ESRI Suite of Tools including ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Online and the Spatial and Network Analyst extensions.
- Experience executing a variety of spatial analysis tasks (DEM and surface processing, 3D modelling, hydrology modelling, network analysis etc.).
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Adobe Suite and Microsoft SharePoint is required.
- Knowledge of Power Automate, Survey 123, Sequel Server, Java, HTML and other programming skills are preferred fr this position.
- Proven ability to produce high quality, visually aesthetic maps focusing on essential cartographic principles and consistent with brand standards.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to team collaboration and client service is paramount.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible working environment
- Benefits plan with Health Spending Account
- Professional Development opportunities
At B&A our core values are centered on relationships, integrity, collaboration, and diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, our success comes from an environment where collaboration, diversity and inclusion drive innovative and successful outcomes. We believe that by staying true to our values, our place can be anyone’s place.
Are you ready to grow your career? Apply Today
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 14, 2022.